From 1992 owner private dental practice.
2000-2006 tutor "Advanced techniques and biological aspects in implantology ", Dental Medicine, University of New Jersey.
2007 - 2010 professor in the graduate program in Health Dental University of Genoa - Director prof. Paolo Pera.
From january 2010 professor a.c. Department of Sciences Integrated Surgical and Diagnostic - Director prof, Stefano Benedicenti.
• Founding member and President of G.I.R. 2005 - 2008 (Group of Implant Research)
• Active member S.I.E. (Italian Society of Endodontics)
• Founding member and active dell'A.I.O.M. (Italian Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry Microscopic). Currently National Council.
• Speaker at national and international conferences since 1995.
• Editorial Board of “Agora”, Scientific Journal, Italy.
• 2002 M. Bonelli, G. Pecora, R. Ceccarelli, H. Alexander, J. Ricci “Clinical evaluation of Laser Microtexturing to conserve crestal bone around Dental Implants”.
• Best Clinical Innovations Presentation Award, Academy of Osteointegration, Annual Meeting (March 2004).
• M. Bonelli, I. Bonetti, D. De Leonardis, J. Ricci, G. Pecora “The use of Calcium Sulfate in endodontic Surgery – Large lesions Treatment” (Dental Cadmos, Number 3: 29-34, 2001).
• M. Bonelli, G. Pecora, D. De Leonardis, I. Bonetti, L. Giardino “The use of Calcium Sulfate in post extraction defects” (Dental Cadmos, 3/2002 51-62).
• 2007 Co-author of "Atlas of Dental Microscopy”, RC Libri – Milano.